Lyme disease

My husband had a tick on him a week ago. Now hes breaking out with uarter sized red bumps all over his body. I googked it and it sounds like lyme disease): what will the dr do? Will he be put in the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Health

• Usually there is a bullseye red circle that forms around the bite area first but to be on the safe side, go to a Doctor ASAP. If the right antibiotic is administered within a short period of time then there will be no side effects from the bite. Don't Wait!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• No. High doses of antibiotics seem to work on Lyme disease. BUT get him to a doctor ASAP to make sure that's what it is and before it can really take hold of his body. GL
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 12:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Lyme disease is REALLY hard to deal with. I believe it's difficult to diagnose and even harder to treat - everyone doesn't respond the same way and it doesn't present the same in everyone. My best friends daughter got it and lost several years of her life from this awful condition - she's in remission now but was really sick for a while. If you think he may have it I would highly recommend seeking out a doctor who really specializes in it and getting educated. I know they drove to Mayo Clinic in Rochester and several other places - it was a real nightmare. Best of luck
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• He needs treatment.  Read the following.  GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• He should go to the doctor. They will put him antibiotics, such as amoxicillan (I am sure the spelling is wrong) for about 4 weeks. They should also do a blood test, which will most likely come out negative (it takes awhile for it to show up in your blood) and then they will take another blood test in about 2 or 3 months to make sure it is still negative. If it is still negative either he never had it or the antibiotics took care of it. We went through this with my son two summers ago.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 12:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i got lyme disease when i was 13. i realized because i went to the doctor because one side of my face was not working (my eye was tearing, i couldnt close or move one side of my mouth, etc.) which ends up being something called bals palsy, i was also have really bad back aches and head aches. i had never found the tick on me so i didnt know. anyway, i took antibiotics 3 times a day for 3 months and ive been fine ever since. but you should get him to a dr asap because i think it depends on how far along the lyme disease is, on how bad it will be...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• antibiotics
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• We r going to the dr now! They look like bulls eyes nd are HUGE!! thanks everyone
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• The dr diagnosed him for lyme disese ): he only has to take antibiotics for 10 days!! Hope that cures it?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2011