Quotes about religion or beliefs.

Do you like them? Why yes or why not?

2tinyhineys

Asked by 2tinyhineys at 12:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• It depends, lol, but usually I do. Its all about the attitude, though, and whether or not I agree with the quote itself...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Of course, it depends on the quote, but yes there are many religious quotes that I like. I like to share quotes fairly often too. Sometimes I feel like they convey ideas thoroughly and concisely, so it's easier to share then to go into long explanations. Sometimes I feel quotes are worth thinking about--including thinking about whether or not I agree or disagree with the quote or if I can think of any exceptions to what they're saying even if I mostly agree. The more absolute it sounds, the more I can think of exceptions, even if if I like the sound of the quote or believe it's true at times.

I remember one question a while back where I swear I was just babbling on for a couple paragraphs in order to express my thoughts on the subject, then I found a Dalai Lama quote where he managed to convey almost the exact same concepts but in only 2-3 short sentences.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Some of them, yes. Some of them.....no....

If it has anything to do with accepting Christ, i do not like it...lol, they are just so annoying.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• If it makes me think, it's good. Some of the Bhuddist sayings really make you think. Anything that makes you want to improve you life is good. Want to change your life? Change your way of thinking. (Spiritual Living - Unity)
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Like any other subject, it depends on what they say. Some of them I like, some of them I don't.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• "It depends, lol, but usually I do. Its all about the attitude, though, and whether or not I agree with the quote itself..."

^^this. I feel the same as bandgeek521. most of the time i like them though there have been a few I couldnt stand. i do have a lot of different ones saved to my computer.
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 1:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Some yes, some know. My Fav is Moral indignation is just jealousy with a halo.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It depends on the quote. It also depends on weather it is possitive or negative. Also it depends on where you are and who your with. Some people love an argument. I do not .
    Donna1941

Answer by Donna1941 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Some...yes. Some...no.

I think some are lovely and others dont make sense(to me) and others are just down right silly sounding.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• it depends on the quote and how it's being used...

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2011