Standard Playtex Bottle Liners HELP! (NOT Drop-In Liners!)

The hubby and I want to make sure we are using the standard playtex bottle liners the right way? We wanted to make sure we are using them right along with making sure our daughter doesn't get to much air bubbles in her bottle so she's not so gassy!

If anyone has ever used the standard liners and NOT the drop-in liners, please help us!

Thanks!

CreedMama3

Asked by CreedMama3 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have used both. But the drop ins are sooo much easier. But basically the point is to squeeze the air out of them, so if you are doing that you are fine. The only thing I didn't like about them besdes them leaking was that it was hard to get an accurate measure of the formula, so I would measure it out before you pour it in. Just put the liner in the bottle open it up and pull it down on the sides until you get to the line. Hope this helps.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I used them with both my children.
    Once the liner is in the holder then fill it with whatever liquid- formula juice water. Then put the nipple on and put the cap on.
    When you get ready to feed the baby keep the bottle in an upright position(so the air is at the top) then put pressure on the liner with your fingers until the air is out of the bottle-it will go out the hole in the nipple. a and you will know it is all out because a small amount of liquid will come out the nipple. This will removed the extra air and the liner will continue to collapse as the baby drinks. You will need to push the air out everytime-lets say baby only drinks an ounce the air will start going back in the bottle while it is sitting there. Hope this helps- kinda of hard to describe but would be easy to demonstrate.
    berryhappy1971

Answer by berryhappy1971 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• berryhappy1971's response was much better haha.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• The standard liners are a PITA. i always used the drop-ins with my first DD. However, when I had twins, I didn't want to pay extra for liners, so I switched to the Playtex Air Vent bottle - they are bent and angled to prevent gas, and I loved them.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2011