Purple Hands, Red Dots?

Okay, so my 3 month old baby girl has dark purple hands. when you touch them they have a VERY slow recovery, they stay white for a long period of time. Plus she has 3 or 4 HUGE red bumps on her hands, she has a doctor appointment later today, but i'm still worrying in the mean time. She slept for 13 hours last night and she's been awake for maybe 30 minutes today and is sleeping again. Anyone have any type of suggestion of what this is? Please help/ Oh, and she's been extremely fussy she screaches at the top of her lungs,coughs, gags and will not let us put ehr down, which has never happened before.

kaysmomma121110

Asked by kaysmomma121110 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow - wait and see what the Dr. says. And maybe you should let us know, too, in case this happens to other babies. I've never heard os this.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i'll definitely let you know, it's just hard to wait.
    kaysmomma121110

Comment by kaysmomma121110 (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Make sure they check her oxygen level. If it is seeming like she may not be getting enough air, call the doctor to see her sooner or take her to the ER.

Usually, the pediatrician will take her right away if it is seeming emergent.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I've had something similar to this happen to me my whole life..I am extremely fair and whenever I get cold my knees and hands tend to look purple and red. So it may be nothing, but good to check with a doc if your that worried.
    LiviLove613

Answer by LiviLove613 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• We got it checked out, come to find out Kayleigh, my daughter, is coming down with RSV for the second time, Thank you all for you help with this.
    kaysmomma121110

Comment by kaysmomma121110 (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Oh, kaysmomma, I am sending positive thoughts that she will recover quickly. I wish you lots of support as you help your baby become well again.

We have had a really hard time with the viruses over here this season, and I know how hard it is to have a sick baby . . .

Hugs . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Thank you so much. yes, it really is hard to have a sick baby. ):
    kaysmomma121110

Comment by kaysmomma121110 (original poster) at 9:05 AM on Mar. 23, 2011