Does anyone else have problems with boys hitting toilet? I mean it is everytime and it is starting to take a toll on my bathrooms~ adult content

teapotpatty40

Asked by teapotpatty40 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• My 11 yo was. It is now one of his chores to clean the toilet in his bathroom twice/week - in, on, and around it. For a while he also was not allowed to use the downstairs "guest" toilet. It seems to have helped.

Answer by missanc at 1:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• One momma I know tried using Cherrios or Fruit Loops at the bottom of the toilet as a target.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Make them clean up after themselves.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Yes. My 8 almost 9 year old son misses as often as he hits. I think it's because he doesn't pay attention to what he's doing. The bathroom smells like his pee! Gross!
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 1:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My son now 16 still does it. Believe me, I know where you're coming from. I use some clorox/clean spray, and rinse it down. I give him a rag, and the bottle, and I tell him to get busy, so he's getting better with it now. My mom told me my dad does it too. Guess it's a boy/man thing.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I think making them clean it is the best way to get them to aim more accurately
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• lol.. my son is almost 3 -1/2 and he misses a lot but I think its because he gets bored for having to stop for that whole 4 seconds to pee so he's looking around or talking to me etc.. I like the making him clean it up himself though
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• At that age, if they haven't learned to hit the toilet, they can clean toilet and floor EVERY day. Peroxide/water mix does the best. Gets rid of stains and smell. They will clean for a few days until they get tired of it, then they will learn to hit the toilet. Worked for my grandsons. And I stood there and watched to make sure they did it right.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 1:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I have a hard time with my HUSBAND hitting the target lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My solution was Clorox wipes on the back of the toilet...... You miss you clean it up. If I go in there and there is pee he comes to clean it up. Makes it happen less often, but it still happens.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2011