My husband got a vasectomy, but i want another baby! adult content

my hubby got a vasectomy april of 09, he had two boys before we met and so all together he has 4 kids two boys & our two girls, and i stood by him when he made up his mind about having this done. but now as i get older {28} i want another baby, i think its 5,000 to get it undone not sure tho, we dont have 5 grand to do that, i was wondering if anyone had a baby afther there bf, or hubby got that done or know anything about it, ive read online that the males sprem has grown back sometimes and the women become pregnant. is it a shot in the dark? or hopeless?

sophia-tortilla

Asked by sophia-tortilla at 1:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Adoption?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Anonymous sperm donor who looks exactly like your husband?
    Are you sure you want another baby and this isn't a short case of baby fever?

keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Even if you spent the money to have it undone, there's a high chance it won't be successful. On the other hand, there is also the chance you can become pregnant with it done. No guarantees either way
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 1:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I think you are going through a phase. Maybe you've had a fever? Delerium might make you want another baby... Joking aside, it could be a phase. I went through that, too. But, when I sat down and thought about it, I was happy with my 2 girls, daycare would be out of sight with 3, so I would have to quit my job, and could we live on his salary? No. A lot to think about.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 1:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I actually think its 10k , at least in MN it is.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I think it's actually more like 15,000 to have it undone IF it can even be undone and many times it cannot. They always say make SURE it's the right decision before doing it. Of course there are those 1 in million shot where they don't take. Did he ever have his follow up sperm count check post vasectomy? If he did and he is shooting blanks then I'm afraid you may be stuck.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• even if you were able to come up with that 5k, there is only a 50/50 chance of the reversal being successful. this is why they want to make sure you're done having babies when a tubal or vasectomy is performed. or, they ask to freeze sperm, which im guessing wasn't done if you're thinking of a reversal.

my husband had one march of 2010 and thankfully it's done it's job, no babies since our last in january 2010.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Tough schnikies, Girl!

What's done is done.

Be happy with the man and children you have.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• MAMMAKK88 I NEVER SAID I WAS UNHAPPY WITH MY KIDS NOR MY HUBBY!!!! I THINK EVERYONE IS RIGHT AND IM HAVING BABY FEVER AND THERES NOTING WRONG WITH THAT! YOU NEED TO GET OFF MY POST WITH YOUR RUDE SELF,
    sophia-tortilla

Comment by sophia-tortilla (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2011