Does anyone know of any good books to read?

miranda2011

Asked by miranda2011 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Entertainment

• what kind do you usually like? I personally like james patterson, lisa gardner, stuff that is a murder mystery type.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I'm reading an AWESOME book for the third time....it's called The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber...(Michel not Michael) it's about a Victorian Age prostitute named Sugar and how she rose from being a pretty common street whore to a governess in the house of the man she was.....servicing....it's about alot more than that but that is the main plot....it's REALLY good and it gives you a picture of what England was like in that age.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My favorite is George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series (first book: A Game of Thrones). But it's fantasy, so you have to like the genre. I also love Orson Scott Card's new Pathfinder (young adult sci-fi/fantasy).

I've got others, but it depends on what you like to read as to whether I think you'll enjoy them as much as I have. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I love anything by Liz Curtis Higgs.
    kristinhin

Answer by kristinhin at 1:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I just read "Dog On It" by Spencer Quinn - the narrator is a dog! I loved it. I don't usually go for detective/mystery type books, which this was, but the dog's voice hooked me. EXCELLENT book imo.
    :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 1:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• "Running with Scissors" was a pretty good book.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Those all sound like some pretty good books. I will be going to the library and looking. Thanks everyone:)
    miranda2011

Comment by miranda2011 (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Thorn Birds, The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Anything by John Irving !~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i love stephen king. currently reading under the dome. i like it so far.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2011