Ex-best friend

I''ll just start at the beginning,then ask my questian . At the begining of school this year their was a new family on our street. i seen the mother with her children a few times a the bus stop she seemd nice, but something didnt set right with me so i avoided her. on about the third day of school she came over and started talking to me she was very nice. she offered me a ride home and i rode with her. I pushed my first impressions to the back of my mind. On the third day she threw me for a loop whn sh askes me to babyset. she offered to pay and said it would only be for about an hour she was going to a back specialist and would not be home in time to get her chidren. I agreed to babysett and as time went on I liked her less and less. She lived at home with her parents. She had three children, but custody of two. Her father has hep from being an recovering heroione addict and her mom went crazy from two of her daughters dieing young. My new friends children were from three differet marriages. Her kids are so sweet and nice they was well behaved and mannerly they were the same ages as my children so they played well together. but she sarted to bumm and then she would the kids to bum. She started talking inappropriatly about medication and was always texting her boyfriends. she was realy open about having more than one boyfriend. she bumed everything from money to sugar then one day someone that knew her stopped me and told me that she would put her kids up to steal stuff for her, and i shouldnt have them in my house because they wre drug addicts. i never met an actual addict before but she seemed to fite the discreption. her daughter wound up with a broken arm and my frend decided to self medicate her with her pain medicans and then brought her ten yr old daughter to my house to use my computer to look up how to get ride of "pillrash" I decided right then that i no longer wanted this woman anywhere near me and that it would be safer to whean her off of me instead of throwig her out...she filed bogus charges on her boyfriend when he dumped her. so i knew she would want revenge. she can not stand any kind of rejection..... while she left her 5 year old with me and took her daughter to a friend i informed my 16 that she was to deny any request from her no matter how much she offerd to pay and she was to do no favors. Her little boy got caught snooping threw my drawers and when i asked him why he said he was told to look for money his mommy seen me put money in my drawer, he then told me that his mommy had my daughters missing ipod, that his 10 yr old sister took two hundred dollars form my hubbys wallet ( we did have that amount missing) that he took my daughters charging cords and rings and his mommy had my rings. these were things that had slowly came up missing over the course of the school year. i said nothing, she picked him up. i went to the police and was told to much time had passed to do anything about it. I quite babysetting, i quit loaning her anything, stopped walking her kids to and from the bus stop ( i cant even remimber how that came to be my job) went on with my plane to seperate her from use ,but my daughter blew up and told her poiint blank, to her face, she wanted her stuff back an that she wasnt welcome in our house ever agian. So this woman filed harrassment charges and called the welfare on me the next day. She then threatend to beat my daughter up and put her kids into treating my kids very bad on the bus an at school. i know she done drugs in front of her kids by her owen admission, when i asked her not to talk about pills in front of my kids. She also bragged about alot of stuff. and i was going to call CPS on her, but the fact that she already called them on me would make me being took serously less likely. our DHHR workers around hear let names slipe and dont take their cases confidently so she would know i done it an they would take it as me just tring to be mean. my husband has refused me the right to call. he doesnt want us to be involved now that they moved. I think i should call. i have never called CPS before. Thats my question, are they someelses problem now that they moved? i feel the children should be protected. Should I call CPS. i did call the childs pedeotrician so when she went to her next visit he would know about the mother giving her Perk 10 and causing a rash. I also told her dr about her Doctor hopping for pain meds but her daughter lies for her because her mother rewards her by letting her play basketball, and cheerleading and even majoretts. he brother is not allowed to join anythang. any input is valuable thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Kids' Health

• What a mess! Glad she moved away from you. I would still call CPS. If you get investigated they will see tha her call as unfounded and fraudulent. If she gets investigated they will find all kinds of problems. Or you can call anonymously
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 2:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Hopefully she is gone for good.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:16 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Oh she was real drama hunh...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• call or you will feel responsible when something awful happens to them.... sounds like she is already retaliating so what do you have to lose?? as for cps coming to your house .... they will see it as a the false accusation it is.
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 6:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2011