My son is pooping else where besides the toilet..... adult content

And its not that he doesnt know he HAS to poop in the potty. He has for two years. Just suddenly started pooping in random places. He blames it on the dog. We have a rat terrier and theres NO WAY its him LOL. He thinks its funny and I am so mad I could scream ladies!!!!! I have tried taking toys away, time outs and all I get are laughs from him. HE THINKS ITS A JOKE :(

jmgblair10

Asked by jmgblair10 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have you tried multiple disciplinary actions? My friends daughter use to smear it on the wall or throw it, so she'd strap/tape her diaper to her because nothing else worked (lol) Obviously that only worked for so long
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 2:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Litter box train him!
    TOTALLY kidding.
    Really can't explain that one... but good luck trying to fix the problem!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• One of my son's did this. He liked being the baby of the family, and was pretty much potty trained when he saw the pull-ups commercial that said "I'm a big kid now!" He didn't want to be a big kid, but he didn't want to poop in his pants either, so he'd go into the laundry room and poop on the floor....now we didn't have any pets at the time, so he couldn't blame it on them, and his brother's were older, I knew it wasn't them.....I'm afraid we moved and didn't have a laundry room anymore, and that was the end of it!!!!

Good Luck, I sooo feel your pain!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i have no clue what to do but good luck! hugs!
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 2:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I'd say reward Poops in the potty, and have him put on gloves and clean up the rest. If he gets a reaction from you (any emotional response at all) then he is getting exactly what he wants. Practice your poker face Mom,
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 2:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• this is actually normal, next he will be facinated with his penis, be ready for that one
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 3:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011