Do you have any talents you've sort of forgotten?

I'm 22 and I'm just realizing now that I've really forgotten about a lot of things I used to be good at. And it sort of started as soon as I turned 18! Back then, I turned all my attention to being 18 and going out on weekends and things like that...and I let everything else get forgotten. Then I had my son when I was 19 and well...those things had no chance!

I recently got my old keyboard from my parents' house and have been playing that non-stop, and I'm really wishing I had my flute - I LOVED my flute and I often hear songs I played in high school and I really wish I could play them again... I still have the sheet music and everything!
I also used to draw a lot in high school - I didn't take art classes or anything, it was just something I was good at - and I was big into fashion design too. Before I got pregnant I was actually going to go to the Art Institute of Vancouver for fashion design - that, of course, got forgotten about because it would've been over a 12-hour move!
As soon as I finish typing this out, I'm going to go get out my sketch book and my charcoal and I'm going to draw something - well, I'm going to try anyway.

So I'm wondering...how many of you have talents or things you loved to do that you've forgotten about since having kids? Have you ever tried to do those things again?

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I had forgotten how much I loved playing the piano until my parents were redecorating and offered me the one I learned to play on - it wasmy grandmother's and I love it! I have really enjoyed playing songs for my kids and teaching my 9 yo how to play.

Answer by missanc at 2:16 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I use to rollerblade alll the time before my kids. 3 years ago...and now im almost scared to go back on them.
    couzie139

Answer by couzie139 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I have never had a talent for anything.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I can hula hoop really well.
    SunTGirl

Answer by SunTGirl at 7:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Yea my friends say I'm good at drawing pictures but I just don't do it
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 2:03 AM on Mar. 22, 2011