Ovulation Predictor Kits

For those of you who are familiar with ovulation predictors......I used one yesterday, both lines were there, the test line was a little bit lighter than the control line....then this morning I took one and the test line is way lighter than it was yesterday....I do not take these very often, so what does that mean....I am assuming the LH surge is declining since the lines are getting lighter? Is that right or do I have it all backwards? Thanks!!

kaeleighalexis

Asked by kaeleighalexis at 2:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• The morning isn't the best time to take it and neither is your first pee of the day like pregnancy tests. It's actually best in the evening, because your ovulation time is best then. The line should be as dark or as close as possible to the control line for highest ovulation. If you're already pregnant it will affect the results as well
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 2:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Yesterday, it was late afternoon when I took the first one, then I took another this morning; got a lighter line than yesterday and so I took another to see if I would get the same results about 30 minutes ago....and it was lighter than yesterday. I am just trying to determine whether or not I am close to ovulating, if I have already ovulated, or am ovulating now....Just want to know if the lines get lighter each day, does theat mean the LH surge is declining?
    kaeleighalexis

Comment by kaeleighalexis (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• "Most women produce LH almost all the time, and the OPK will detect it, giving you a "test" line that is lighter than the control line. About 12-36 hours before ovulation occurs, there will be a surge in LH, and the test line will become as dark as, or darker than, the control line. If, however, your test line is almost always positive or nearly positive, it can be indicative of a hormone imbalance"

http://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 2:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It has to be as dark as the control line or darker for it to be positive. Good luck!
    bellaambru90

Answer by bellaambru90 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2011