Can't. Stop. Yawning.

Ever have one of those mornings where you can't stop yawning? Any suggestions?

I hate it. I'm trying to get stuff done around the house but it's so hard. My eyes are all watery because I yawn every few seconds. Going back to bed isn't an option since I'm alone with my almost 5yo and my 8mo (who is napping but I know as soon as I drift off to sleep he'll wake up and then I'll be even more tired). I'm on my second can of pop. I don't think there's enough caffeine in the house to wake me up. It's 11:30am and I've been up since 7am.

There is no chance for me to get to bed before 9-10pm and by then I'll have my 2nd wind and be wide awake, lol.

I'm just venting really and wondering if anyone else is all *yawn* sleepy this morning/afternoon/whatever?

justanotherjen

Asked by justanotherjen at 2:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• i am sleepy alot since i got pregnant
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 2:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I have days like that too. I take a brisk walk outside to stimulate my senses. And drink a glass of ice water. Doing dishes wakes me up too...weird huh?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I hate those days. I usually TRY to work out a little bit... and that'll sometimes wake me up... but honestly, I often end up just laying on the couch doing this. :P
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• sleepI have lupus and narcolepsy, so "sleep" is my middle name. I catch extra zzz's whenever I can, and the time change really knocks me out.

catsmom1993

Answer by catsmom1993 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Ah, glad to know I'm not the only one that gets really lazy on those days. I thought about doing something vigorous but...eh, just don't feel like moving, lol. I'm afraid if I lie down on the couch I'll fall asleep. And it started to rain. Oh well. Guess I'll muddle through some how.
    justanotherjen

Comment by justanotherjen (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I drink ice water (I stopped caffeine)

Have you eaten a protein? I have had days where it was a nutrition thing. Have a handfull of nuts if you have them and a glass of ice water.

See if you can just close your eyes for 15 minutes, sometimes if I just give into a second it helps.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2011