Why do I feel this way?

I have a 7 month old baby and had PPD when he was born, and take AD's for it and have a tremendous amount af support, but for whatever reason, I still feel sad some days, and have this feeling of nothingness at times, is this normal and will it ever subside? I feel numb at times towards my son and hubby, and sometimes feel like being a mother is a job rather than an enjoyment. I love them both but at times just feel like this is not my life! will it go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am not sure its normal but its great you have support. I have talked with many mothers who had PPD and these feelings come and go and I had PPD and still get them from time to time.. I consider it just a bad day now 3-1/2 years later since I have been dealing with it so long.. I am sorry you have to deal with it at all and my heart goes out to you
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Ask your doctor to refer you to a therapist

Answer by rkoloms at 9:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2011