How can I get my son to stop taking his diapers off??

During my son's "nap time" he is constantly taking his diapers off. Then he ends up peeing (and the occasional poo) all over the place. He doesn't talk just yet so its not like he can tell me when he has done something in his diaper.

What do I do??

couzie139

Asked by couzie139 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put a onesie & overalls on him.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• overalls
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Oneies, put the diaper on backwards, and/or tape. Nothing you do is going to make him stop trying.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the overalls and onesies. Maybe even try the pull ups....those require a little more finagle to get out of. Not sure if he would fit in them just yet though....good luck !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 2:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• lol..my daughter used to do the SAME thing. One time last summer, she climbed on top of the table, took her diaper off and peed on top of the table,lol.
    I started always keeping a snap onsie on her...even putting them on backwards helps a little more.
    They can eventually still figure out HOW to get those off too...but it gives you a little more time to catch them in the act...or they get bored of going through all the work to get them off and they give up.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My son likes to take his diaper while he is awake, so I just normally keep him fully clothed at all times. It helps, there is the occasional time when he takes his clothes off too, but that's only happened once or twice. I have a friend whose daughter was doing the same thing your son is, and someone told her to put her diaper on backwards, and that was the only thing that has worked for her. GL
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 2:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• If he is taking them off before he got potty, set him on a potty chair... he may be showing you some signs he is ready. Kids can give non-verbal clues they are ready to train.

HeatUSA-Tunisia

Answer by HeatUSA-Tunisia at 2:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Goes not got... sorry.
    HeatUSA-Tunisia

• My daughter did that, even went so far as to take off whatever clothes she was wearing. If your son can't figure out how to work a onesie, that might work. The only thing that did it for my daughter was footie PJs put on inside out, so she couldn't reach the zipper.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• duct tape did the trick at our house - around the diaper, not on the child... :)
    Mom2Just1Kiddo

Answer by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 4:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2011