How do I make a baked potato in the oven with a sweet potato?

yes I know this sounds like a dumb question but idk how to cook a baked potato because my mom just always uses the microwave (Gross..) and idk if sweet potatos cook the same way....

thanks for your help

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 2:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Food & Drink

• wash your potatoes, use a knife to pierce the skin in several places to allow the steam out, wrap in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees until soft, about an hour.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Theres different ways, depending how you like it. I prefer to cut the sweet potato in half and cook it at 420 degrees for 45mins. It'll have a light shade of orange/skin looking. poke through it and the inside should be soft. I then put a mixture of melted butter and brown sugar and mix it in and eat it. yum!
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 2:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Scrub clean, put a slit in the potato, rub with a little oil, cover with foil, put in the oven @ 350 for about 45 minutes. Check with a fork. If not done, leave in another 15 minutes. Same with sw potato. They should cook the same.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 3:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• preheat oven to about 350 to 400. WAsh the potato. Wrap in foil paper. put in the oven its gonna be in their for awhile so you might want to put that in before you even start to cook your lother food. Cook untill its soft. And when you take it out season to taste.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Ditto answers above ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2011