Bearded Women

Just out of curosity, how many women grow an abnormal amount of hair on their chin or have to shave their chin/upper lip?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Health

• I shave my lip with an eyebrow razor and pluck the "man hairs" out of my chin almost daily! It's nasty!
    Anonymous

• do you have a lot of hair on your chin?
    Anonymous

• Here here. The older I get, the worse it is. My mom was full on shaving her face every morning by the time she was 50, so the future does not look bright for me. lol...
    Anonymous

• I am VERY aware of my lip hair...I use Nair for the facial area and it works really well and is quick and cheap.

No chin hair though, its probably not as bad as I make it out to be.

How do those women walk around with man hair and not do something. There are so many options on how to remove it!
    Anonymous

• lip hair for sure!! I shave it every morning in the shower
    Anonymous

• I have it REALLY bad and shaving just isn't cutting it anymore. I'm soo tired of having those shaving bumps that I have to cover with makeup but I'm allergic to nair and the stuff to bleach it with. I COULD wax it but I don't want to let it grow long enough to be noticable... what should I do?
    Anonymous

• oh and I've been dealing with this since I was 13, I am not 27
    Anonymous

• Have you talked to your doctor about maybe having a hormone imbalance (testosterone) causing it and maybe having a solution for it?
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• One word...Spirolactone...it is an adrogen blocker. I am 33 and have dealt with what I call Sasqwatch syndrome since I hit puberty. Most Dr.'s just blow you off when you try to talk to them about it. If I would have known about the Spiro when I was younger and it wasn't so bad I believe it would have made a huge difference. I spend so much time on my visible places I have to shave it seems like a full time job....and the bumps...oooo they suck! I will be starting the Spiro soon and I hope it will work.
    Anonymous