OUCH! I cut through my fingernail while cutting chicken...Pic enclosed, not too graphic.

So I was cutting chicken for dinner last night and my knife somehow slipped and cut through my finger on my pinkie. I washed it with soap and water, but am kind of worried because I was cutting raw chicken. Is there anything else I need to do to it? I doesn't hurt too bad, but when it gets wet at all it stings like crazy.

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 3:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Health

• Pour Peroxide on it. It kills more germs than bleach and doesn't hurt like alcohol. Cover with bandaid.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 3:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• keep a anti-biotic ointment on it or put antiseptic on it. Keep it clean.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 3:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• OUCH!!! :(
    Pour some peroxide on it...and do you have an antibactrial ointment you can put on it? Like bactracin?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Use some peroxide on it and the put a band-aid on with some neosporin (I can just see the little singing puppets in the commercial now LOL)

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I don't have any peroxide, only rubbing alcohol and I know that is going to hurt like a bitch. I do have neosporin though.
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Oh ouch! I did the same thing to my thumb the other night (only I was chopping potatoes). Just keep it clean (wash with antibacterial soap, use some alcohol, etc.), and some Neosporin couldn't hurt, either. Wash your hands frequently throughout the day, also.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• owwwy that made me gringe =[ dat musta hurt like a mother
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 3:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2011