Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I do about this crack head scamer lawyer who took my money and ran?

If I bought a property and finished paying it all about a month ago and paid the damn lawyer to do my paperwork 400 then she charged another 250 and she still hasn't giving me the paperwork which I need that paperwork to take to the county clerk..what can I do? I feel like I got scamed because right away she cashed the check I gave her but shes taking forver to give me the paperwork. should I report her to the police or what can I do? I can't afford to pay another lawyer to sue her but I wish I can scare her somehow so she can give me my paperwork. I wish I wouldnt have paid her, I'm hoping she gives me atleast 50 dollars back from what i paid her for waiting so long but shes so obsessed with money that I doubt it.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (3)
  • Call Your local Bar association & make a complaint over this lawyer & ask them what they recommend.

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

  • Ask her for the contract you signed when you hired her and see how much she is charging you. If you signed without looking you could very well owe her money and she would be the one taking you to court. So ask for that first. Then if you owe nothing ask for the paperwork in writing from her within so many days. Once that is done and you dont get it you report her to the bar association.

    Answer by gemgem at 3:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

  • Contact the state's Bar Association.

    Answer by tasches at 7:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.