Flat heads?

Does anyone have any info about flat heads in babies? I think I am just being paranoid, but the back of my baby's head seems flat. He is 4 months. I try to change his position often, but it makes me concerned. Plan to ask the pedi at our next appt, but just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Once they can roll over on their own, it goes away.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• they used to have kids where helmets for that, but they are finding that it is not necessary. my kids were never back sleepers, so i can't say that i know from personal experience.
    gl!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• it's common and normal, just keep alternating the way your baby sleeps. Some women are totally against laying them on tummy but my baby slept just fine that way and I worked in day care for over 2 years. if its that big of a problem then try more tummy time.
    You may find it alot in daycare babies if they leave their babies on their back all day because the baby is immobile to move around themselves
    080583heather

Answer by 080583heather at 3:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• my 4 mth olds heads flat too! Doc said itll fix itself
    Meltopia529

Answer by Meltopia529 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2011