How are Americans different from the rest of the world?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I love America,Always have always will.Have no desire to live anywhere else.We have freedom ,and folks that means more than you will ever know.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 5:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• VERYONE in ALL other countries are well educated and well kept. **sarcasm** What an idiotic response. There are good and bad people EVERYWHERE and in EVERY country. There are fanatics and religious zealots, there are uneducated idiots and educated snobs and vice versa. Americans arent that different from anyone else anywhere else. We all have our pride in country, heritage and history as well as some embarrasment in our country, herritage and history. Name ANY country and there will be awful things and stupid thing and magnificent and wonderful things and people. Americans are no different.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I feel like this question is a joke waiting for a punch line LOL. So how are Americans different?

Answer by gemgem at 3:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• "Americans are sloppy and less educated in comparison to other countries. "

that depends on which other countries you are comparing them to
    Anonymous

• I dont know who thinks we have wayyyy more money, but they might want to double check...they way it really is ...we are waaaayyyyy in debt as a country. NO MONEY. Am I right ?
    ++++
    I believe you may be correct. We simply live as if we had way more money. Not that we actually do.
    Mom2Just1Kiddo

Answer by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 3:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• We embrace Freedom and for the most part are proud of how far we have come in the name of Freedom.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Wish2be, that was rude and bigoted. I'm pretty sure you would be unhappy if I labeled you with some German stereotypes.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Wish2be, your ignorance is showing... Make your country proud!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My cousins in Ireland say the Americans they've met all seem to have a sense of entitlement that they've not seen any other group of people.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 4:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Hmmm. After reading through the answers, the first thing that comes to mind is that we don't kill people who are anti-American.

I agree with the statement made that America is just like other countries. We have good points, bad points, and great points. We've had sorry periods of history and great periods. The people who originally came here wanted something that no other country had at that point ~ freedom. We did it first and we did it best. Unfortunately we did it so well that many living here today place no value on that freedom. They would rather give up their freedom (and make everyone else do so right along with them) and pay wazoo taxes so the gubmint can tell them what to do along with everything we can't do. That is not freedom.

I also agree with grismelda. I love my country ... and I want my freedoms back. All of them! Those of you who need/want a nanny should hire one and pay for it yourself. What was the ??
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2011