How often do you repaint your walls?

I'm just curious. I seem to be repainting the same rooms over and over while some rooms I will rarely repaint. For example I repainted the dinning room less than 2 years ago and want to do it again. And my kids bathroom was last done in 2001 or 2002 (thinking of painting it very soon)
What's your experience?

mtnaspen

Asked by mtnaspen at 3:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We painted when we moved in 6 years ago and besides a few touch ups have no repainted. We do spot clean the walls as needed and thoroughly maybe once a year.
    Anonymous

• Well i have been in this house for 6 years and have'nt done it since I moved in but wanted to do like 3 times already...lol
    darter

Answer by darter at 3:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• 4 to 5 years
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Because the house is roomy and was well painted when we moved in, I waited for about nine years to repaint the bathroom and touch up the baseboards in the dining room. Generally the impulse to paint comes to me when we change the flooring as we did in the dining room. I imagine I'll repaint again when we change the carpeting. If you do one shade lighter or darker than your current shade, you can get away with only applying one coat.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 7:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I do it as needed or if I want a change. In my second house, I lived in it for 8 years and only painted my sons room and didn't touch any of the other rooms. In my new house, I've painted all the bathrooms, my sons room, my room and just did one wall in the living room a roasted squash. Having fun with it.
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• ummmm...never
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would say 5-6 years
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 1:04 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• We are renovating our home and letting the kids pick their paint colors. Once they move out I will be repainting their rooms, but the rest of the house I plan to leave alone for a while.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:19 AM on Mar. 23, 2011

• military housing, so we paint when we move in and prime when wemove out!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i would to say every 6 months...but i have always rented and i found very few landlords allow you to paint..:{
    dancingthrulife

Answer by dancingthrulife at 12:46 AM on Mar. 24, 2011