Premature babies...23 wks...

My daughter was born at 23wks and 5 days at 1lb 7 oz. and is at the nicu at the hospital, and will be there for a while. SHes pretty stable other than her oxygen which she requires a ventilator...shes also recieved tissue and lung damage from the tubes of the vent...
Also, she has a lvl 4 brain bleed (intraventicular hemorrhage) and doctors are certain shell have cerebral pausy or shell be completly brain dead...
Has anyone been through this? Id appreciate anyone tellign thier story, no matter good or bad....

Erzy

Asked by Erzy at 3:16 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I also have a micro-preemie daughter and I heard all the stories . I was told 2 days after she was born that she would never make it, as a matter of fact the Dr's told me that we should take her home as she would certainly die in the next 24 to 48 hours..He said keep her comfortable and spend as much times possible with her, we fought to have her moved and we won and because of that decision My daughter just turned 7 last month and other than being 100 % deaf, she is a healthy wonderful little girl, I could not imagine my life without her. Currently I am PG again this time with my third. I know it is hard being a NICU momma, but hang in there. Prayers for you and yours from us and ours.
    candcsmom2008

Answer by candcsmom2008 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• my baby is now 1yr old she was born at 29wks a bit older than your but she also had a brain bleed but she is fine now..you will hear all kinds of stories floating around the nicu but keep your faith..little girls are tough and she could very well surprise you..doctors dont know everything...my heart goes out to you and your family it is not easy being a nicu mommie..i am sorry you are having to go through this you and your baby are in my prayers...if you ever need to vent or just need someone to listen please message me
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 3:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Im praying for you!
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Many prayers are being sent your way! My sister was born 3 and a half months early and after many struggles and the Dr's telling my mom she wouldnt even live, she did make it and is one very healthy person today with a son and pregnant again! :) Good luck and God Bles you sweetie!
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• omg my best advise is prayer .prayer is very powerful!!!ive never been through this but i worked w/ a girl who had her baby when she was 5 months along her baby didnt have it easy but she is perfectly healthy now.
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I cannot relate, but I am so sorry, God bless, I wish you the best of luck and will keep you in my prayers.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Not me. My husband has. His son was born at a little over 23 weeks also. He was told he would be possibly blind and most definitely severely mentally disabled if he lived. He was doing well and after 1 week became sick. He died at one week old.

Answer by gemgem at 3:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Wow, good luck to you!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I am 22 weeks along myself. I have never been through this but my prayers are with you and your little girl.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i am so sorry mama. my preemie was 32 weeks, i was never really worried about him, he was still in the nicu for a month. i would not wish a preemie on an enemy. it is very hard. i hope you are finding that the nurses are wonderful! i read a book when i was there, i wish that i could remember the name of it!
    i wish you and your baby the very best!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011