I am curently trying to pin down my religious afilitation...

is it weird to make an appt. with different churches just to talk about doctrine and get my questions answered? I don;t want a Q&A from a website I want to hear it from a church leader/elder. I want heart felt specific answers to my questions. Especially sine I am trying to compare things. I am just trying to find my truth and need some guidance. Is that really weird?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not weird at all. I would also try to attend a service in a church if you like what the leader has said. See how things are done, so to speak.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• hmmm - good question. Not sure whether its weird or not . Searching for your own truth no matter what that is cannot be a bad thing.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I just don't know what to believe any more. I have been a devout Christian my whole life and I know I still have a love for, who is to me, the one and only true God. Then I think about that statement one true God. Is there others who are not the True God or was that in reference to false idols? Then I did a little research on Judaism and Hinduism and they are pretty similar in to the Christian faith in many aspects... Then I have learned that a lot of Holidays celebrated by the Christian faith are based around Pagan faith so I question the validity of Celebrating them. Christmas isn't even really Jesus birthday. Easter isn't really right either. I am just so confused the more I learn the more confused I get...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I don't think it's weird... many search until they find what they seek...

I hope you find what you seek...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I don't think its weird. I think its a good idea. Talking, studying, etc, is all very important to help find your place, to know how you really feel/believe. Who better to help you realize whether or not you agree with a denomination and what it teaches than the pastor of a church, who really knows what it teaches? I think any pastor should be willing to discuss, too.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• When my spouse and I were trying to find a synagogue (he was raised Orthodox, I was raised reform), we attended Friday night and Saturday morning services at several.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2011