Are you a stay at home mom during the week and work outside of the home on the weekends? How is it?

Eeek! I'm nervous! lol
I've been exclusively staying home with the kids for about 2 years now.
Ihave my state tested nusing assistant certification (STNA) and to maintain it, I have to work a minimum of 8 hours every two years (not bad,lol)
I don't want to lose it and my time is fast approaching. I am going to go back to the place I used to work and work PRN for them..the thing is ..they don't want me to work just one 8 hour shift and thats it..they want me to keep on as a PRN weekend filler..and I'm scared! LOL
Am I going to be able to do this? How hard is it to go back to work?Even if it is on a PRN basis?
Is it hard leaving the kids and the dh? DH and I rarely get to see eachother during the week with his work schedule.Will our relationship suffer? Am I going to get enough sleep?? (The baby doesnt believe in letting me sleep much,lol)
How was it for you? What was your experience?
I know..this posting is just all over the place but I'm just nervous! I just sent the email. So hopefully starting here in a week or so!

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 3:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes, I do. I think you will be pleasantly surprised once you get a routine going. It will be time just for "you" more than a job. I am sure your DH will manage fine and I am also sure he'll appreciate the extra money coming in too. The kids will get used to the routine too. The hardest part for me was coming home & getting dinner going while it was still early. So I would prepare the night before & just reheat. We don't have a lot of quality time all together that's the only thing though, so we do things as a family at night. I work weekends & he works during the week. But I am pregnant again & will stop working soon myself for a while. GL at your new job!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I do, but my weekends are Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I truly dread as those days approach. But as of late they have been going by pretty quick as well and it's Thursday again and I'm okay. I think you will do fine. You still get 5 full days home with your kids, more than many. You just learn to enjoy those days all the more. Congrats on the new job opportunity.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011