My mom is worrying me

she had surgery a while back for hernias in her stomach area. i think she overdid it. her stomach is swollen. she is trying to get appointment with the doctor who told her if it was to swell again to call him. i think my dd senses it , she started crying last night told us all she did not know why she was crying. but kept going to her mamaw they always been close since the day she was born. the girl would not calm down until she was able to sleep on the couch beside her mamaw. we think she senses something is wrong. it would not be the first time either. she was like this with my dad before he died from lung cancer. anyway, anyone ever had hernia surgery only to have to go through it again?

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Health

• My DH is about to go into Hernia Surgery. The doctor told us that it would be common for him to need another plate put in ( to prevent the plate from weakening and opening back up ) within about 5-10 years. If he played his cards right and lost a little weight and didnt lift things to heavy...he could push it 10-15 years. The mesh plating is not permanent....once the muscle wall has been herniated...its near impossible for it to close an heal on its one. This is just what we have been told. Good luck !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 3:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2011