My son just said something and I am speechless... please help. What do I say? adult content

I told my son to take his shirt off and get the clothes on that I had layed out for him. He said "ok like sex" I said what do you mean gavin... six? NO MOM SEX. He is four. I proceeded to ask him where he had heard that and he said " at my dads friends house, my dad take his shirt off and sex with guys." I did not know what to say. I was speechless. Mind you my husband would NEVEr do anything like that with guys. So I know that isnt the truth. What do I say to him. I thought I was a good mom. Now Idk where ive went wrong :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• That isn't your fault. IDK what else to say other than it doesn't mean you are a bad mom.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• That doesnt make you not a good mom, you didnt do anything wrong. Talk to your husband, ask him if he knows where he could have heard something like that from.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i would think he heard it somewhere and would be trying to find out what is going on. it may not be his dad but i would be leary of dad's friends etc. i am going to bump ya
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Hmmm... I would ask your husband what is going on. People often don't think their spouse could/would do something and are proven wrong. I am not saying your dh is, but I would be suspicious if my child said something like that.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• found out where he got that from and tell hubby too. see what friends he is talking about. then stop him from going around them.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 3:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• You didn't go wrong anywhere. You need to talk with your husband. But YOU ARE A GOOD MOM. The only mistake you've made is in thinking ANYTHING different.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• have a talk with your husband and his friend. good place to start
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I would be VERY concerned about what they are talking about or watching...that's dangerous for a 4 year old to say. You are a good mom. You're concerned about it!! Is it possible his friends could have other women over at the house?? I don't know if I would want my son hanging out around with his friends.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• maybe he just ment taking their shirts off or something but I dont know if I would think a child was lying about something like that, especially so young, where else could he have learned that?
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Thanks so much guys. I am so worried he is going to go to school and say something like this. We never use the word sex in our house ever. Oh I am just tore up about this!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2011