Premature babies...23 wks...

My daughter was born at 23wks and 5 days at 1lb 7 oz. and is at the nicu at the hospital, and will be there for a while. SHes pretty stable other than her oxygen which she requires a ventilator...shes also recieved tissue and lung damage from the tubes of the vent...
Also, she has a lvl 4 brain bleed (intraventicular hemorrhage) and doctors are certain shell have cerebral pausy or shell be completly brain dead...
Has anyone been through this? Id appreciate anyone tellign thier story, no matter good or bad....

Erzy

Asked by Erzy at 3:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My best friend delivered her son at 27 weeks gestation due to preclampsia. he was small but pretty healthy tho he required a ventilaor and such for a few weeks..but he did remarkable for a about a month. I believe around 30 weeks gestation he developed RSV and about 2 weeks later passed away from it. She has a daughter who is two but still struggles everyday..and idk if she's ever gonna have another baby.

but i wish you the best of luck hunny and i'll keep your daughter in my prayers
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 3:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I havent experienced anything like that but I wish you and your dd the best!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Ill say lots of prayers for you
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2011