Swaddling

Okay so I had my son Peyton 2 months ago and he still likes to be swaddled. He won't sleep unless he is swaddled. I was just wondering will he grow out of it soon. Cause I can never lay him down to sleep without swaddling him. If I do a few seconds later he will wake up. Please help

MarissaDavis29

Asked by MarissaDavis29 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son hated being swaddled up in'tell 3 months of age when we moved him into his crib he didn't like the open space. he grew out of it 2 months later. it all depends on your child my aunt and uncle swaddled there child up in'tell 10 months of age. if you are worried ask your doctor but mine said its perfectly safe and normal they sell stuff on www.diapers.com that will help with swaddling so they can't exscape and cover there face. best of luck to you :)
    vengels05

Answer by vengels05 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• my son naturally outgrew by struggling the swaddle at 5 months.. it does slowly happen where when you think its impossible.. good luck.!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Usually by the time babies are close to 3 or 4 months is when they no longer need or want to be swaddled. With all 4 of my boys...they did not like to be swaddled after 3 months.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My daughter is two months and loves to be swaddled, she sleeps best that way. We got her some swaddle sleep sacks off babies r us and diapers.com. I didn't think there was anything wrong with babies loving to be swaddled, why are you concerned?
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• My twins were swaddle addicts! When they started rolling we started swaddling with arms out. Swaddling became one step in their bedtime routine, and since we didn't have any trouble getting them to go to bed we didn't want to do anything to possibly mess with their routine. It became pretty comical when they started dragging their blankets to the middle of the living room floor and trying to swaddle themselves or each other when bedtime was near. At some point between 18 months and 2 years we weaned them from it.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2011