what would you do?!

i live in apartments, and im on the bottom floor. well i guess we moved into the "middle of the party" which sucks bc im expecting a child and will be mad if when shes born they wake he rup lol. anyway. there are about 6 different kids that hang out on the steps which are literally RIGHT in front of our door and my bedroom window. they dont even live here they live on the other side of the complex. they sit there alll day long to about 2 in the morning and are SO loud. their cigarette smoke gets all throughout our ap as well as their weed smoke they sit there and mack on eachothers faces cuss talk about parting getting wasted and drunk ..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• CONT...
    they are about 16 and my nieces and nephews are always over here and hear them.. we already told the office about it but nothing has been done. wth?? what would you do? its VERY irritating. yes we can shut our window and we do when it occurs, butwe shouldnt have to if they wouldnt smoke weed in front of our apt.

ps i dont have a problem with weed as long as it doesnt effect me or anything i have nothing to do with it but i dont like when its flying throughout my house. i do not smoke though and dont associate with anyone that does.
    Anonymous

• Try talking to them, if they know that there will be a baby coming they MAY try to tone it down you never know lol. Most apartment complexes have noise ordinances so call the landlord, I've known a few people who've actually been kicked out for not following noise rules. Lastly you can always call the cops, especially when the pot-heads come round. We own our home, but 8 young men decided to rent the 3-bedroom-house next to ours. Me and the old woman across the street had the cops out here every weekend, and then some. They didn't stick around long.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 5:02 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• its kind of hard living in an apartment you are going to incounter that problem...if you think its a serious problem i would ask them if they could just find a diff. place to hang out given your situation and if worse comes to worse try telling the office again or maybe even the police since what they are doing is ilegal
    karliesmom0506

Answer by karliesmom0506 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I wouldn't confront them, they are teenagers enough said. I would talk to your landlord about it and if you know who the kids are he will talk to the parents I'm sure ,or next time and every other time just call the police. There is no time on what is considered disturbing the peace.

Anonymous

• they do know we are having a baby, theyre just disrespectful bratty teenagers... lol. its SO annoying! its annoying when you walk out the front door nd they are ALL right there.. weve only been here about 2 1/2 weeks and literally EVERY SNGLE night are they out there till about 2 drinking and crap and being loud. weve told them to plz keep it down also at night time.. any time after 1030 is when i will start to get irritated. im 20 and still like tohave fun but you have to respect other people.
    Anonymous

• Where I live there is a city curfew of 10pm-6am. During those hours you have every right to call the police, no matter how many times it takes. I had the same problem with punks who moved in across from us. Also, most importantly, keep track of dates and times you make every complaint to the management and police so you have a record. If nothing happens, go to the property management company and show them the history of actions/complaints. It took me many many phone calls, but they finally got evicted after about 6 months of complaining.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• i HATE where we live lol. its so annoying the lady above us runs a daycare.. idk how these apts are tiny lol. but she just sits outside and doesnt even watch them she sits on the steps and tlaks to these teenagers.. i hope we can just change apts.. then the guy next to us parties all night long and is an alcoholic ... god it BLWOS
    Anonymous

• shit you better then me cause umm I would have went out there and tell then to find a new place to smoke and drink b4 I call the cops.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Call the police; there has to be something that can be done about this. Don't these kids have anything better to do with their time? I never remeber acting the way alot of these kids do when I was their age. Tell the police that you are pregnant, they are smoking weed (which is illegal) and maybe they can scare them enough so that they won't come back. Good luck
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I would start calling the cops. That's just ridiculous. You should be able to walk out your front door or open a window without listening to that or having your home full of smoke. If that doesn't do anything, I would consider moving, even though it would be a pain in the ass. Maybe you could just move to another apt? But I would def call the cops first. Tell them they are smoking pot and drinking out in a public area and they should hopefully deal with it.
    Anonymous