GUILT!

Ok, so last night my 7 mo woke up with a stomache ache and I felt so sad for him my poor little guy, but let me tell you, he screamed for a good hour and in parts of that I was thinking, God How I'd love to hand him over to my husband and go lay back down, but I still felt sad and sympethetic towards him! I didn't hand him over, I stayed with him the whole time! It was wierd, I did but didn't want to be the one there, but too I think some of that is because I hate knowing he's in pain, especially when theres not much I can do, that's the worst! But I feel AWEFUL and GUILTY for even thinking that way, I'm a crap aren't I?

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 3:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• No. You're HUMAN.

Unless there's a corpse lying at your feet, don't waste your time on guilt.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• No! You are not at all crap! There have been times when I just want to be the one to remain in bed and let my husband get up. However, like you, I do the same thing and get up. It is a mom thing. I think at times we may just stretch ourselves too thin. We tend to take it all on without asking for help. We are typically the caretakers. Don't beat yourself up over the way you felt or feel bad at all! I am pretty sure we have ALL been there!
    brbiddle

Answer by brbiddle at 3:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• lol.. don't be so hard on yourself. There will be times for all mothers where we want to hand them over.. i know during my sons colic stints there was no way I wanted to deal with it but knew it wouldn't benefit any of us if I just handed him over to my husband because I would not be able to just roll over and go to sleep - its the mother in you - that's a good thing.. it means you love and care for your angel!! there are many not fun times in parenting you will feel like this.. eventually it becomes less and less, until the teen years I hear..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• No you are not crap. You wouldn't be human if you didn't feel that way sometimes. We fib to ourselves as mothers and tell ourselves we shouldn't feel these basic human emotions - everyone gets frustrated and tired and has days they don't particularly want to "show up" e - but we do it and THAT is what makes you a great mom. Stop kicking yourself - it's a perfectly normal feeling.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Your fine. I bet you almost every parent here has wanted to hand their child to DH to take care of at least just once. There is no reason to feel guilty. You did good for sticking it out though :)
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 3:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• No, you're a mommy! Perfectly normal in my opinion! My daughter just 2 1/2 months (we have others) I wish my husband could get up a night a little more and feel frustrated at the moment I'm rolling out of bed to feed her, but its such a great feeling to know i'm the one who made her feel better. Maybe that's a little greedy, shhhh my little secret:) I used to feel guilty going in to take a shower and leaving her a little fussy with daddy, but I know he can handle her and I go enjoy my blazing hot 15 min showers!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Not at all! Most mom's have the same moments that you had! Tomorrow is a new day!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 6:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2011