37 weeks almost 38 weeks pregnant..labor?`

All today I have been feeling crampy...my belly has dropped..and the past couple of days I have been having a lot of pelvic pressure and it feels like Im carrying him between my legs. I just took a little walk and became very achey. I got dull achy pains and my right side..now Im trying to see if they are going away..buts the achey ness is still there. Is this labor pains? Im just afraid that Im not going to realize that pain because I know that every womens body is diffrenent towards labot pains

Kristin0312

Asked by Kristin0312 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Doesn't sound like labor. It sounds like the late weeks of pregnancy. Everything hurts.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• alot of times it feels like cramps..thats how mine started out. just felt really crampy and my back hurt..and it stayed like that for a while..and nothing really helped..not sitting..not drinking juice and putting my feet up(all things reccomended to try to see if its just braxton hicks..which if it stops or doesnt get worse it is)..and it was mostly in my lower back and lower pelvic region. I didnt feel pressure until I hit active labor..and i was in the hospital then so i was standing on my feet alot. I mean i felt him down there lol but just heavy heavy pressure. anyways.

Try laying down and puting your feet up. rest a bit..and relax..if the pain doesnt go away..and gets stronger..start timming them..and see if they get closer together..if so..your in labor..However if they come and go on and off and are erratic..then its probaly just braxton hicks. Good Luck!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 3:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Sounds more like the last weeks of labor... really, you'll know when it comes. :-) It is hard to describe, and it is different for everyone- but really, you'll know.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Try laying on your left side. I think your just towards the end. I give ya about a week !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 3:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Contractions are a gradual increase in tightness and then a decrease not constant achey pain. That being said it certainly sounds like LO is getting into position to be born.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It doesnt sound like labor pains but you are late in pregnancy so be ready for anything!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2011