Anyone else's kid afraid of santa?

We took our kids to see santa today as a practice run for when we were going to take them to get their pics made with him. They both were scared!! I have a 2yr old and a 1yr old. Anyone else and how do I get them to be okay with him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine were for the first few years and now they love him. I wouldn't force him though to sit on his lap and take a picture.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My2yr old was ok as long as daddy was holding his hand. And my 1yr I picked up when she started to cry.
    Anonymous

• my son was till he was about 3 and was old enough to really understand the concept of santa. i wouldnt force them to sit on his lap i know you want there picture taken but id post pone your picture till next year.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• my son met santa when he was 4 months old and did ok .... we havent tried recently but i am sure he will try to pull his beard off... or pee on him or something... GL with ur lil ones
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• lol i got to scan yeasterdays picture he gave santa a kiss but when i wanted him to sit on his lap whole other story they let him sit on a present next to santa it was still cute better then last year he was screaming
    FIVEHAPPYHEARTS

Answer by FIVEHAPPYHEARTS at 7:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My MIL took my daughter to see Santa last year (she was 18 months old) and now we have a picture of my daughter having a screaming fit in Santa's lap. Poor girl. I'm not going to do the whole Santa routine, so though I wouldn't be mad at my MIL for taking my daughter to see Santa, I'm not going to go out of my way to see if she's still scared of him or not.
    redlily08

Answer by redlily08 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• At that young age it's normal to be afraid of big guys like that. They will grow to love him and believe in him as they get older. Right now they are very young to understood this guy gives them presents and has little elves to help him.
    wish_2_be_a_mom

Answer by wish_2_be_a_mom at 1:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My eighteen month old is afraid of all the characters elmo, santa, easter bunny I have given up and just took a picture of her and the character seperately and put them together on my editing software. It was better than listening to her yell and having her be scared.
    EmmieandMom

Answer by EmmieandMom at 2:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I am skipping the whole santa thing this year. Josh my three year old is freaked out about santa and he is three and my ten month old won't go to any one but his dad. So, unless daddy decides to dress as santa clause I don't think we will be visiting santa this year. I have even tried to explain to him that santa is a fictional character but that didn't work
    angeljosh

Answer by angeljosh at 6:41 AM on Dec. 8, 2008