When you go out...

you are taking some "me" time. when you go out who watches the kids? does your partner? in laws, babysitter, etc. do you really let your hair down and be yourself when you have that chance, or are you pulling snacks out of your hair instead. showing pictures and talking non stop about your kids to your friends?
i got a night out, and i spent it talking about my baby! good thing i was around people who were interested (or they acted like it lol)

Arretsmomma5

Asked by Arretsmomma5 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• My mom and dad watch my boys. I dont get out too often but when I do I try to live the night up with my bestfriend. but I do ramble on about my twins :P its just my life now
    its funny because I spend weeks going IM GOING INSANE I NEED A BREAK and i go out for a night and im like :C i miss my babies!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 3:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I've never had a night out in the almost 11 years I've had kids. When I go out it's to grocery shop...maybe to the craft store to find something I want without being hassled by my husband and kids.
    For the most part "me" time is me locked in my bedroom with my husband and 5 kids still in the house because he would never think to take them anywhere without me. We have no family here so if we want to go somewhere together than the kids come with us. If I don't want the kids with me than I go alone. We can't afford a babysitter for 5 kids...there would be none leftover to go out with.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I work full time, so that's my me time. Other than work, I never go out without the kids.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I always have to have a friend watch my daughter I live 8 hours from family and hubby is in the military. I use to talk only about my daughter when I went out. Now that she is older I don't talk so much about her. Usually my friends ask how she is and I tell them something cute she is doing right now and thats the end of it. My husband are getting to where we can have a conversation about something other than her now too : ) I love her and she is a LOT of my life, but as mom's we need to think about something else sometimes.
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Either my DH or MIL watches the kids, and I like to dress up all pretty and have some me time! Me and my friends talk about our kids some, but we mostly vent about everyhting at dinner then head to the bar to dance it out!
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 3:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• DD is in Kindergarten and DS is in private school 18 hours a week. 6 hours I volunteer, 6 hours I catch up on cleaning errands, and 6 hours are MINE all MINE!!! I get massages and do all my hair/nails appointments then. Or like today I sat on my ass watched Harry Potter and played on CM.
    jonellg

Answer by jonellg at 12:26 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I was raised by 60s parents (the era, not the age) and they were not child centered. So I learned from them to be myself with friends and not talk excessively of the children.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 6:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• doing something for yourself is good i think. even if its just for "1 hour" lol sometimes i have to help out during my hour, but of well, i love my LO. and no ones got his mommys touch like i do :)
    Arretsmomma5

Comment by Arretsmomma5 (original poster) at 3:59 AM on Mar. 23, 2011