Is it bad

Is it bad if I have a feeling when my son is born I'm going to be veryy picky as to who I want to hold him? Is this selfish of me? I have step-family members I DISLIKE very much...

jessiskinner200

Asked by jessiskinner200 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• No, you're his mother, you decide. Although just a little advice if you're going to let them hold him, as long as you know they aren't going to hurt him in any way I think it's ok, who knows maybe you'll see a different side of the step-family?
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It's really just my mothers husband my step-father who I hate because of past reasons and stuff he has done to my mother in the past. Not to mention he's a full brown drug addict. The worse part is that I live with my mother, he lives here too. He definitely knows how much I DESPISE him...So does my entire family.
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• You may be surprised to find out that not everybody is comfortable holding a baby. Maybe there won't be as much demand to hold your baby as you anticipate.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 6:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Since he knows you despise him and he is a drug addict, hopefully he won't even be interested in holding him! But bottom line, since he's the only one that you really don't want holding your baby, I wouldn't let him. Too much negative energy there! Good luck to you!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 6:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• He is definitely the type of person to throw some sort of fit to my mom if I don't let him hold the baby. That is my concern because then she will make me look bad.
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 7:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• You'll get ovre it.
    jonellg

Answer by jonellg at 12:24 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Your baby, your rules period!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2011