I wonder how doctors knew 40 weeks was full term.

What's something you wonder about, concerning pregnancy?

prissysayshi

Asked by prissysayshi at 3:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• OMG vaginal US horror story... A few years ago I was in germany and had such severe bleeding I was becoming anemic. They did a vaginal ultrasound to figure out what was going on. Not only was this my first encounter with a male dr. it was my first vaginal US, and they don't believe in privacy over there. The Dr. was in the room the entire time I was removing clothes from the waste down, it was just a removable wall between us, no gown or cloth to cover up during the exam, and the door to the room I was in was left wide open. I was near a military base so about 4 american soldiers got a nice show as they walked by. After that no matter what I went through medically here I was happy to have my good old USA Dr.'s lol

I wanna know who got to "test" all the tools they use, like during vbac's and such. Whose idea was it to suction cup the baby out lol.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Technically its supposed to be 42 weeks lol.
    vengels05

Answer by vengels05 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Well I am just guessing, but probably after more then 100 came out at 40 weeks they got the idea lmao. I wonder how they came up with a vaginal ultrasound. Who tested that one?

Answer by gemgem at 4:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• There are plenty of articles & info on this~ I can share or you could Google.
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• gemgem, I think I was the guinea pig for that one! Ok, maybe not but it sure felt like an experiment when it was happening!
    I wonder why there arent more female ob/gyns. lol
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2011