Is any one else mad at Eve?

Is it true that when adam and eve ate from the forbidden tree, that God punished Eve by giving her pain during child birth??

couzie139

Asked by couzie139 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• That's how the story goes. But really? If someone shoves a watermelon through a hole the size of a lemon, it's gonna hurt no matter who ate the apple.
    SelaCarsen

Answer by SelaCarsen at 3:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I don't believe that Adam or Eve actually existed, or that their narrative is meant to be taken literally. I actually agree with the PP, its only natural for something like childbirth to be painful. I believe that they used the narrative to explain the world, the way things were, in a way that made sense, whether or not they meant for such an explanation to be understood to be literal or not....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Hard for me to hold a lot of anger toward a metaphor.

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Adam and Eve never existed. If you shove a pingpong ball through a penis it's going to hurt, no? Same thing for a melon through a vagina.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I agree with the other women here. Plus- how can you be mad at a woman for wanting knowledge? Myth's a myth- but I would be more mad at Adam for not taking the first bite! What's he got to lose?
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Nah. It's kind of hard to get mad at an allegory.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Why? Why should I be mad at a being that probably never existed it was more or less an explanation as to how sin became in the eyes of those that believe as the OT people did and it was a way to express how important it is to obey the higher power. I do not in any way believe a god who created us out of love would punish generations because of one person but then again the OT explains that but I don't believe that way.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• That's such a bullshit story. I mean really?! Who in the world would buy that? God is so vengeful that he thinks it's ok to punish women for eternity? And yet god dictates turn the other cheek, love thy neighbor, etc? he isn't much of an example is he?! No wonder so many christians got it all wrong.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Sahmamax2 be careful for what you say about other peoples religions...no need to get all hasty
    couzie139

Comment by couzie139 (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• S-EveFrame.jpg

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2011