Are we wrong??

my daughter had pinkeye. we found out sat. morning. Dr. said she is contagious for at least 24 hrs. SUNDAY: was a childs birthday party that we were supposed to go to, but due to her pinkeye we kept wanted to keep her away fom other children. (SIDE NOTE: my husband is trying to get a new job, and a guy he interviewed with and is pushing for him to get the job, happened to be the grandfather of the child whos bday we were supposed to go to.) so we told them we couldnt make it to the party bc she had pinkeye. NO BIG DEAL to them. we took our daughter fishing on sunday, and also to build a bear (she did NOT touch ANYTHING she sat in her stroller and only got out of the stroller to put her foot on the stuffing lever.) anyways, last night my husbands brother said " what the F*** is yourproblem?? you cant go to the birthday party when this guy is really pushing for you to get this job??" after telling him our child has pinkeye he said that he saw on FB that we took her fishing and to build a bear. ... we told him she didnt touch ANYTHING.. he was still an asshole about it.. im really mad about the way he thinks he needs to nose in our buisness.. but am i wrong here? idk maybe im just looking at it wrong.. someone tell me what they think.

Jen.McCarthy88

Asked by Jen.McCarthy88 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• Perhaps he thought that when you said you were keeping her home for pink eye it was because she was "sick & needed rest" and then you turned around and went out and made a "day of it" anyway...which made it maybe look like you were just blowing them off instead?

Really if it was just her eye bothering her - I probably would have taken her out anyway to make up for her missing out on the party. Maybe not to a public place like the mall but yeah I'd have taken her to go fishing or out on a boat or for a walk in the woods etc...I think really the misunderstanding about what *is* pink eye and how you treat it is the crux of your problem.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I think if he doesnt get the job for not going to the party then that place isnt worth working for.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• People can be so cruel . You only done that out of the kindness of your heart so no other kids got sick and people are mad about it! So crazy. Good luck hun.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• BTW... I would have kept her home, too... just because you can't ever be sure. So... both sides have erred. BIL's error is greater.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I think it was wrong for you to even take her out. Think on how bad that looks? You cant take her to a party because of it but you take hr every where else? It makes it look bad. My son has pink eye and I haven't gone any where today besides the doctor and the store to get the medication other then tat he's staying indoors because of how contagious it is.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Your brother in law is butting in where he should NOT. Taking your daughter to that party might have been a quick route to a rejection letter.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• thank you! yes, exactly, we would have been there otherwise. also... when did a childs birthday party become a determination of who gets a job and who doesnt? :/
    Jen.McCarthy88

Comment by Jen.McCarthy88 (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• you guys are right. i do understand that itprolly wasnt a great decision to take her out...
    Jen.McCarthy88

Comment by Jen.McCarthy88 (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I would not want my husband to have a job where I would have to watch everything I did with my family. It sounds like this job would be effecting your family.
    CPRsarah

Answer by CPRsarah at 7:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2011