A simple question...

Why are people so selfish!?
You get married to have ever lasting love and commitment. But then people cheat. Why choose to get married if you enjoy being free and single? You can't have both!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• AMEN!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• People cheat for all sorts of reasons.

-Self esteem, for one. You can love a person a ton but if they don't make you feel wanted (something EVERY one wants) you start to look for that elsewhere.

-People change. You can marry one person and then 10 years down the road be living with someone you wouldn't recognize on your wedding day. It's such a gradual drift that you don't notice, pay attention to it or can't even pin point when it happened.

I'm not justifying cheating- but people that make blanket statements like "All cheaters are bad people" have never been in those people's shoes and seen the crap they have. Yes, some people have a chronic problem with cheating- they really need to find out WHY they cheat before they hurt someone.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• well said!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Who knows. I think lots of people get married when they are not ready or because they think they should.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i agree but most people claim they don't know what they're getting themselves into
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 4:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• totally agree if you want to be free why not change your mind before you say "i do"
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I would sure like to know the answer to that myself! I have been married to the same man for 31 years, and during that time he had an affair. There is nothing more devistating than to have the rug ripped out from under you that way. I would like to know how they come to the point of feeling justified in cheating.
    my_daisy

Answer by my_daisy at 4:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• HAT OFF TO U WELL SAID!!!
    budda646

Answer by budda646 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2011