Why do you love easter (STUPID QUESTION BUT I AM BORED AND NOT A DRAMA TROLL)

The chocolate, or the religious aspect--I love it because of all the rabbits everywhere--LOL and usually all the snow is gone by then(yes I live in MN)lol I can not wait for the movie HOP!!!

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 4:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Holidays

• I never cared for it before, now that I have kids I love it for the egg hunts. My kids have a blast. So its neither chocolate or religion for me.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I love it. A sure sign of spring. Love the colors associated with it. Love to watch my kids have fun.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Cadbury cream eggs! yum
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I guess the fact that we are celebrating spring and the kids love to dye Easter eggs.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 4:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I love dying Easter eggs. I also think, from a historical and religious perspective, it is an important holiday. For Christians it is the day that Jesus rose from the grave. Sometimes it sounds so strange to write things like that, but I do believe.

I love my faith and that this day that symbolizes "all things new" to me. Whatever faith you espouse, I think getting out of your rut, embracing a new way of thinking and living that is more loving (to yourself and others) is important.

From a historical stance, I find it fascinating that this is a Christian holiday but it has been interwoven with Paganism....Ishtar was the goddess of fertility and that is where "Easter" came from. Also, all the eggs, bunnies you see. :-)

LizaJ_Mom

Answer by LizaJ_Mom at 4:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• BECAUSE THIS YEAR EASTER IS MY BIRTHDAY, TOO! Ahem, sorry for the capslock. I just get really, really excited about my birthday, still :3
    I'm not religious so I don't give a hoot about it otherwise, lol. I just want to plan a huge feast on my birthday :3
    Jyuukai

Answer by Jyuukai at 4:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I love the Celebration of my faith that day, We also love the fun of Easter Egg hunts and pretty dresses!
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• As a kid I loved getting the new dresses and the egg hunts. With my girls (who don't love the new dresses so much, but are creative) we do a new way to color eggs each year. They really like that. For us Easter isn't a BIG holiday and I could really do without the horrible family dinners at my MIL's house.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I made my kids dress up each Easter and they got a kick out of looking for eggs.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I like making my kids Easter basket myself and giving them a egg hunt
    Mom2lovingboys

Answer by Mom2lovingboys at 8:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2011