Anyone had light pink or brown spotting in early pregnancy and then went on to have a normal pregnancy?

I had pink spotting yesterday that only was there one time when I wiped.

Then today I woke up from a nap and there was a tennis ball size brown blood spot (not saturated but there} on my pants but there was none when I wiped.

I have also been having little sharp cramps in my middle, lower abdomen that come and go. Also it burns when I pee.

Anyone been through this and had a good outcome

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That was all normal for me in early pregnancy. you need to mention it to your dr. when you go. Especially the burning. That sounds like a UTI.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Burning when you pee is NOT a pregnancy symptom. Blood, and burning when you pee are symptoms of a urinary tract infection. Call your Doc. I had a sharp jabbing pain, followed by gushes of bleeding for a week, and still went on to have a normal healthy pregnancy, labour, delivery and daughter.
    JoyXtwo

Answer by JoyXtwo at 4:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I would go to the ER i'm not trying to scare you just better to be safe then sorry. i had that same thing and it was just implatation bleeding late. and my son is perfectly normal. just go in to be safe.
    vengels05

Answer by vengels05 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Ya I knew the burning was not a pregnancy sign...I agree that I might have a UTI...I am wondering if that is what the cramping is from too.

The blood looks like implantation bleeding to me but I had a miscarriage at the beginning of the year so I am very nervous.

Thanks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I did want to clarify the blood is NOT in my urine. It is coming from the vaginal opening.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• it sounds like u have a uti u should have that checked
    motherofthre166

Answer by motherofthre166 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It is normal sometimes. I am 5 months and still i have some light bleedind but my dr says the baby is fine. I know it could be alarming though. try not to stress about it though.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Cramping is normal. I had that with both of mine. The blood is often normal too since a large percentage of women have some bleeding during early pregnant. It could also be coming from the UTI, and if blood is present, it often means the infection is getting worse. More than likely it's still fine if you go in now to get checked and treated...but a UTI can eventually spread to the kidneys where it can become serious. Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• for my first pregnancy i had one spot of blood a day for the first trimester, i passed a clot and had no more bleeding. my son is now 7. (we do think he might have been a twin. his placenta was bigger than my twins placenta!
    i wish you a very happy pregnancy!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i never had this kind of problem and my daughter is now 15, i would suggest u see a doctor soon, I dont like the idea of brown
    blood ? i am not a doctor , but i would certainly ask them questions over phone and go. good luck dear .mvfhmom
    mvfhmom

Answer by mvfhmom at 5:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2011