HAVE YOU EVER LOST A CHILD?

my son was born 2 months early & he was diagnosed with cytrobacter-sepsis (blood infection that affects the brain) 5 days after birth. this infection caused him to have brain injury. he had seizures & he couldnt hold his temps but he was doing fine until January 22nd i woke up & he wasnt breathing. i took him into the ER & it was to late :'(. that day i lost something really "SPECIAL" to me. & i miss him dearly. he was 9 months when he passed :( . i wanna know if any mother went through something similar or ever lost a child. i really need another mother that has gone trhough the same thing as i did to talk to. please respond.

IN LOVING MEMORY OF SEBASTIAN J BALDERAS.

bby_sebastian

Asked by bby_sebastian at 4:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes
    My first child,my daughter Catilin,was stillborn at 34 weeks

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Im so sorry for your loss :( I have lost 3 babies by miscarriage. And that was hard. Cant imagine being even more attached to your little one and have to go through that. Thinking of you and your family
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I lost my baby before I ever got the chance to know them. I miscarried at four months. :( I miss her every day.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 4:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• did any of you have anymore kids after that?
    bby_sebastian

Comment by bby_sebastian (original poster) at 4:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Gosh I'm so sorry. I had two miscarriages very early in the pregnancy and I know how devastating that was, I could not imagine what you have and are going through. I have a son who was 4 years old at the time and since the 2 miscarriages a little girl. But Gosh, wish I could give you a big hug.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Sebastian was a beautiful little boy. I'm sorry for your loss...

I read a book about 5 years ago that was so life changing for me. It is called, "Finding Hope" by Nancy Guthrie. I actually heard her speak and tell her story, which is why I bought the book.

Basically, her daughter Hope was born with a rare rare genetic problem and she only lived until 10 months. It was so devastating that her husband had a vasectomy (bc there was a 8% chance of any more children they had getting the disease). The odds of getting pregnant once your husband has had a vasectomy are something teeny - like 1%. But she did get pregnant.....and the second baby, a little boy, had the disease. He passed away at 3 months.

I know this sounds like a tragic book but it is all about dealing with grief, anger at god, coping.

Another song I love is by Watermark/Nathan and Christy Knockles and it is called "Glory Baby". A beautiful song they wrote
    LizaJ_Mom

Answer by LizaJ_Mom at 4:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Yes I lost 2 little girls. One stillborn at 34 weeks due to placental abruption and short cord and the other was born at 18 weeks. I'm sorry for your loss, momma.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I haven't been through what you are dealing with but I have some people that I know that lost a child at the age of 3 1/2 yrs. It was devastating to all of us who knew and cared for that little boy. We miss him terribly. I was the ONLY person that they would leave all 3 of their children with and that is b\c I knew how "bad" this little guys condition was. He was born with a condition that acted like cerebral palsy but with out the stiff muscles that went with that condition. He couldn't really move on his own. I think that he may be in a better place even though he could light up an entire room with his smile. would be 6 next month. I hope that in your own way you can move on from this tragic event that took place in your life and eventually want to have another child. Your next child will NEVER replace what you have lost but if being a Mom is what you are supposed to be then follow that lead.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Yes, my only daughter passed away October 30, 1991--she was almost 2 years old. I was induced about a month early because she had stopped growing, called Intra Uterine Growth Retardation, which led to a rare lung disease, Primary Pulmonary Hypertension. I have also had 2 miscarriages. I have two living sons; my first son was born before his sister (1988) and is currently 22 years old, my second son was born after his sister's passing (1993) and just turned 18 years old.
    Cookie618

Answer by Cookie618 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I am so sorry for what you are going through. My best friend is going through the loss of a child as well & to see the pain it causes her first hand is heartbreaking & rocks me to my core. She was involved in a car accident 5 weeks ago, they had to deliver her baby at 7 months, the baby lived for one week then passed away. To have something in the grasps of your hands & to lose it shortly after....i can't even imagine her pain or yours. Again i am very sorry for your loss. I hope you find someone you can talk to.

hugs

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 4:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2011