Would you buy or have you already done enough?

alright ladies my hubby cousin birthday is next month...she wanted the "group" to get together and help celebrate her birthday...she wanted to go out but a lot of people was against it due to their finances..anyways so my hubby and i offer if she like she can have a birthday gathering at our house since our place is can hold more people and etc.the question is should we offer to buy most of the food and drinks or is just offering our place good enough? now don't get me wrong she hasn't ask but i just want to make sure we been a good host.

mztxdelta

Asked by mztxdelta at 4:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Entertainment

• u can always ask her opinion let her know what u have planned but yes if ur hosting then ur hosting... i know i wouldnt b offended but i would definitely hate if i had something planned out and bought things and it doesnt go with what the hostess planned and already bought ...just work together make sure ur both thinkin the same..
    mrs.betty

Answer by mrs.betty at 4:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• If youre hosting then youre hosting. That means you are buying the food & drinks.

Answer by gemgem at 4:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• You offered your place up so I think there is an implication that you are "hosting" the event. If she is a thoughtful person she will offer to help or ask what she can cover -but so many people are just clueless. I think you offered it up so you are on the hook so to speak. Just do a byob and offer soda.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• You could also ask that it be a potluck and everyone can bring a dish and you supply the drinks (not alcohol make that byob) and you supply the cake.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• yeah thats what we was thinking too that we should cover the event its kinda like we are throwing the bday party...just wanted to make sure...because we didn't want her to feel like we was taking over either
    mztxdelta

Comment by mztxdelta (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I'd say you are on the hook for the food and drink since you offered to hold it at your house ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2011