Did you share your desire to adopt?

I have PCOS and may not be able to conceive. My boyfriend and I are discussing marriage and have discussed adopting. He seems to be open to it but seems to think that we will have a baby of our own. I have ALWAYS wanted to be a mommy. BUT, do you think that his say "yeah, I would adopt" is enough of a commitment?

CPRsarah

Asked by CPRsarah at 4:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Hard to say. Sorry not more help.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• ... I think you should concentrate on your relationship with him first and then when you and him believe its the right time to try to start trying then you try as much and best you can. If you cant have a child together then talk about adoption. For now him saying yes I would adopt has to be enough. There is no way to go any deeper.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Thanks! That's what my mom said. LOL. I just don't want to disappoint him. He seems to have so much faith that I will be able to. But he hasn't been in my body seeing the effects of the PCOS for the years I have. IF that makes any sense.
    CPRsarah

Comment by CPRsarah (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Your not engaged or married at this point so there should not be more of a commitment then yes he would consider it. I do know a couple women who got pregnant with PCOS so it is possible especially in this day and age with all of our technology.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• lol, aeneva I guess that is a good point. The reason that I started thinking about all of this is because my mom and I were talking about the fact that he asked my dad if he could marry me.... SO.. lol I guess it took it from a just thinking about it to am I willing to commit to it status.
    CPRsarah

Comment by CPRsarah (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Only you know him so it is hard for us to comment on that but if I am understanding your question correctly, we did let our closest friends and our parents know of our decision to adopt and they were all so supportive. We have 2 children; ages 7 and 8 now. We are so thrilled to have them and if you truly desire to be a mom, adopting or conceiving won't matter to you. You will just be so happy to have a child or children to love! Good luck to you!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 8:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2011