i am pregnant and i dont know how far along i am yet i got next month to my first office visit i keep having cramps like im going to start my period some say its normal and some say its miscarriage im not bleeding but i am really scared to death help reassure me!!!

chasity692

Asked by chasity692 at 4:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• why are you waiting until next month to go to the doctor?
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 4:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• You have these cramps throughout your pregnancy. As long as it feels like "period cramps" it is you uterus growing. CONGRATS!!

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Try to relax, okay? Mild, crampy pain (without bleeding) is quite normal early in pregnancy. I experienced it with all three of my kids. I'm no doctor, but I'm betting that you and your baby will be just fine. Just make sure to talk to your doctor about what you're feeling when you see him/her. Best of luck to you!
    MadlyTranquil

Answer by MadlyTranquil at 4:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I had period like cramping from week fourish through sixish I kept expecting to start my period every time I used the bathroom.
    I am now 12 weeks and everything is fine. It was just everything stretching and making room for the baby.
    As long as it isn't sharp pains and bleeding I wouldn't worry.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Those are your ligaments and tendons stretching supporing your uterus. I had the same thing

http://www.babiesonline.com/articles/pregnancy/pregnancycramping.asp 

This site should help you.  But you do need t go to the dr now not next month.  Good luck.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Ladies MOST docs WON'T see you until you are a certain number of weeks based on your LMP so back off please. She may well be doing what her office told her in waiting. That being said OP what you are experiencing is normal as long as there is no bleeding or spotting then you should be fine.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• In the beginning of my pregnancy I had cramping for a few weeks. Some days was more severe than others. It's just everything in your tummy stretching. Good luck with your pregnancy, as long as you don't have bleeding, I wouldn't worry. Talk to your O.B :)
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• None of my doctors saw me right away either (until 4th & 5th due to an ectopic I had before my 4th baby). Its normal to have some cramping, and even some spotting can be normal in early pregnancy. If you start to bleed where it is red then you should go to the doctor.

Answer by gemgem at 5:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I would make a phone call and tell the doc what is going on and they will probably want to see you.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i would personally call the doctor , explain how u feel and try to make an appointment as early as possible. why pospone ? wouldnt
    u want to be assured from a professional in the field. good luck , stay calm,
    mvfhmom

Answer by mvfhmom at 5:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2011