Tell the hairstylist when she ruined the hair?

Do you tell the hairstylist when they have botched the haircut? Or just move on and find another stylist?

sendcheer

Asked by sendcheer at 5:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I tell them. They don't know unless you tell them, you might some poor sucker from being next.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Definitely tell the hairstylist because he/she will think that you were content with the haircut. Be honest about it and they will discounted are won't charge since the haircut was not how you wanted it. Build that trust with your hairstylist because you don't want them to think you like the way they cut your hair. Don't be unhappy!!
    dtMOM09

Answer by dtMOM09 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Only AFTER she has put down the scissors :)

No seriously, I find someone else.
    Anonymous

• Yo better believe i do.I have had bad times at salons.So i let my Do cut mine.He's pretty good and it saves alot.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 5:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• OH YEAH!!!!
    I'm not paying for something that will take 4-6 weeks to grow out enough to fix!
    jenjen2683

Answer by jenjen2683 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I have been going to my hairstylist for a couple years now, and this last time she did NOT cut the hair based on the picture I took in and my hair is so short.... not at all what I wanted.
    Thanks for the advice.... I will tell her of my concerns and go elsewhere, but that too can be nerve wrecking!
    sendcheer

Comment by sendcheer (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Well honestly it depends on the situation. As a professional I feel its right for you to speak up. If she hasn't done this before, id give her a chance to make right. There is a difference between screwed up and mis communicatins and lack of consultation.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• i just cut a bad hair cut and if i wasnt into GOD who know what i would have done and i havent gone back and i dont think i will
    frances693

Answer by frances693 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• TELL THEM or they will never know they messed up and cant correct it then or in the future! (I'd want to know!!)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• and music mom is right... talk to her about it.. miscommunication is what causes a lot of style mess ups. i remember a client i had who wanted her hair styled a certain way after the cut.. her idea of feathered and mine were completely different.. but with communicating we found what eachother meant and she LOVED it. and she now knows what to tell a stylist what she really wants rather than saying feathered and wondering why no stylist she went to before could figure what she meant lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2011