Anyone use the new WW Points Plus Program?

I'm joining this Friday and I was wondering if anyone can tell me about the new WW program? It's supposed to be more effective. I was on the program before my son was born and had great success. I hope to have it again, as I need someone to answer to to be consistent. Thanks ladies!

buzymamaof3

Asked by buzymamaof3 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Anonymous

• My in laws say they haven't lost any weight on it. I haven't personally tried it, but it seems more complicated. I'm just going to stick with the oldl program and books :)
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 5:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• let me know what you find out. I have all the old books and i just started doing it again. I asked that question awhile back but nobody really knew either.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• WW points used to be mainly about calories. Now they've changed to focus on nutrition and are based on protein, fibre, fat and carbs. Your old calculator wont work. Fruit is now free, including bananas but not avocados. You get more points, minimum 29 and 40 flex points, but most things cost more especially sweets and alcohol.

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 5:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I've been on Points plus since January. I love it. I've lost 12 lbs so far - more, but a wonky scale wasn't giving me an accurate starting weight so I'm really not sure on actual amount gone. Essentially its not all that different, but you get more points a day - but depending on how nutritious a food is, some are higher in points now. For instance, a cup of spaghetti or rice used to be 4 points - its now approx 5 depending on the brand. The lowest points go now is 29, and you get 49 weekly points. For me the plan feels much more manageable. I was a huge fan of Momentum and it wasn't until starting PP that I realized I had felt deprived sometimes. Not the case with the new program.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• please let me know how you like it OTT. I lost 85lbs using the old plan, and now have packed back on 20. I need the accountability too.
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 8:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I heard some have had good results with it.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I did it after having my second and lost 14 pounds. It's a good program.
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Oops, I didn't realize you said new program. I haven't tried the new one yet!
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I'm on it now and have lost 15 lbs in 5 weeks, so I'm averaging 3 lbs a week. I really like it. Its not complicated at all and I never feel hungry. I'm not that overweight to begin with so 3 lbs a week might not seem like much to some people, but people who are more overweight would probably lose even more each week. I am very happy with WW and the results I've seen so far.
    KristyB

Answer by KristyB at 10:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2011