Belly hair?!

the hair on my belly was blond so you couldn't see it at all O.o now that im pregnant its dark O.O did anyone else's hair on their body get darker?(other then the hair on your head)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• This is totally normal - not cool for girls like me who seem to be covered in light hair! Most of the dark hair will fall out or fade after pregnancy (though not right away), so don't worry too much about... and don't bother to shave it off or anything, cause it'll all just come back!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It is called the linea nigra and is very common. It usually goes away after you give birth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linea_nigra

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Yup. And it's really a very normal thing. WAIT till you get the dark brown line down the middle of your tummy.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• That happened to me this time around. But its not just in the middle of my belly. Its like ALL the blonde peach fuzz on my belly is dark and gross.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 5:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Yes, I had the line too, it took forever to go away. I can still see the line a little if I'm looking for it, and my DS is almost 20 months.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 5:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It's not a line....I know what that is lol....its all the little hairs I had all over my belly before I got pregnant that are dark.....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• lol.. absolutely normal. my tummy was so hairy & nasty during my first pregnancy, but not with my second and third. the interesting thing was that my first had a full head of thick black hair and my other two were bald. i wonder if there's a correlation between the two?
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 5:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It can be a line on the skin or hair. Both are completely normal.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• my hair didn't get darker, there's just more of it -__- oh and I have the linea nigra also, beautiful belly, just beautiful lol
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 6:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• lol well i have a little pink line up the middle of my belly its gonna get darker i know that but its only pinkish right now
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2011