Weightloss before TTC AGAIN... (adipex question)

I am currently 230lbs. and I would love to loose 80lbs before me and my hubby start to try again to have a baby, I fear the weight is a major reason why we have not been able to concieve... I have PCOS... which weight greatly contributes to! :( .... and my periods are very irregular...

I was wondering if anyone has tried ADIPEX and what kinda results have you had with it? Or side effects??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm losing some weight before trying for my son as well. But I'm doing it with Weight Watchers and working out. I want it to be a lifestyle change, ya know? I also have a 3 year old son (conceived by IVF) so I want to set a good example for him. I would look into changing your life style before popping a pill. Cause let's face it, you pop a pill now, you'll just gain the weight back. And you don't want that.

I'm down about 10 pounds or so in about 2 months. I would like to lose another 5 or 10 pounds before I go through a FET in the next few months.

Good Luck to you!
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• you just don't want to lose to much weight. it's easier for overweight, than underweight, women to concieve. Estrogen and some fat actually contribute to conception. I'm seeing a fertility specialist, and she actually tells her patients to fatten up a little. I'm 200 lbs, and she doesn't want me to lose the weight yet, not until after i have a baby. of coarse if i suceed in getting pg., then i need to not gain any more wieght, and continue exercising for my health. But see, i may be overwieght, but i'm actually in good shape. But if you're going to lose weight, keep in mind it may take 1-3 months to get your fertility back, since weight gain/loss affects hormones. You should talk to a specialist about the pocos. my sister had it, and they put her on a drug to regulate it, and she got pg.
    Anonymous