Kids at school!

So my dd's friend at school is going around telling dirty jokes I was goin to go to the teacher about this but the more i think about it the more i think i should go to the parents of her friend

budda646

Asked by budda646 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Is it really that big of a deal?
    Anonymous

• the jokes that kid is saying are!
    budda646

Comment by budda646 (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I hate to say it but I'm sure they hear and see a lot more than you know about! Thats why we have to talk to our" own" kids, I know I do!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• It depends on how well you know the parents. If you know them well enough then I would just go to them. If not, then go to the teacher if it is something that is really bothering you.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• As long as it isnt MY kids or a kid of a close friend, I dont think its my business.
    Anonymous

• I guess it depends on how strongly you feel about it. Be aware, however, that if you call the other parents you might not get the reponse you were hoping for. Parents often get dismissive or defensive when confronted with their child's behavior. And the other girl could get angry at your dd for "telling" on her. I would talk to your dd and ask her how she wants it to be handled. Maybe she could let her friend know herself that the jokes are making her uncomfortable. Or she could remove herself from the situation when the jokes are being said.
    cege

Answer by cege at 7:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I'm sure she is not the only one saying dirty jokes. My first grader came home and told me something that another kid(older kid)said. I didn't approve of it and I did tell him that I better not hear him repeating what an older kid says becouse just becouse someone else said it, it doesn't make it right.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 1:03 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would first talk to the parent of your daughter's friend and let her know you are not comfortable with the jokes your daughter is being told by this friend.
    wpmommy0104

Answer by wpmommy0104 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• she might be learning them at home. There are some parents that allow thier young children to watch mature shows. some don't really care what thier kids do. I know so meone like that. GL
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Is it affecting your child? If it isn't then leave it alone. If it is, then its that time that you have the talk with your child about "friendships" and what constitutes a friend. You cannot control what another child's says and you cannot run and tell everything because it will put your child in an awkward position. If its affecting your child, then by all means bring it to the attention of the teacher but if it isn't leave it alone.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2011