When is it ok!

to allow a 15 year old to have boys stay the nite! i having an agurement w my sister about her dd i think its way to youngand she is ok w it or it none of my buisness!

budda646

Asked by budda646 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• When you are ready to be a grandmother.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• There is never a time for a 15 yr old of ANY Sex to have a date overnight in the house unless the parents are ready to care for a grandchild.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• I would never allow it.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• lol i like that answer sleepingbeautee. Agreed. My son won't be having girls stay the night until he moves into his own place
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 6:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• The answer is never in my house. It is totally asinine to allow a child to have opposite sex sleep overs . Especially after the onset of puberty. We don't allow them ever.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Personally, my son was 19 before he was allowed to have his girl spend the night. My daughter is 14 & nope, not going to happen until she is an adult person over the age of 18. I have a friend who did what your sister is ssaying is ok...she was a grandma at 39. Her daughter had a baby at 15. She thought it was fine & dandy to let the little boyfriend stay all night. Uh, nope. Wrong.
    Anonymous

• That will never be allowed in our house.
    But, to answer your whole question - If you do not live with your sister then I would say it is none of your business what she allows her dd to do. Now, if she lives with you and pays rent or something, then yes, you could have a say.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 6:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• if it was my niece I'd make sure she had a good book on sex education, STDs and made sure that at the very least she had a big stash of condoms!
    Then if my sister threw a fit I'd tell her to get a clue.

Anonymous

• IDK. I have allowed friends to spend the night. We have a guest room next to our room. WWhen it's been okay with the parents i have and also have not had any issues.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 6:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• wow.. that's a grandbaby waiting to happen!

i agree with anon. if you can't reason with your sister, educate your niece. she needs someone with a rational & logical mind to guide her.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 6:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2011